Today we are delighted to share the release of Egowall 2.5! An enormous amount of work has gone into the game and we can’t wait for everyone to experience it. Our focus over the last few months has been to deepen interactions in the game and empower you to decorate and customize your homes in even more meaningful ways. This has been an exciting time- I hope you come check it out. And if you’re new to Egowall, why not join today?
Let’s walk through our newly released features!
Homes are now called Living Spaces. A Living Space might be a home, or it might not be. Our new diverse selection lets you decide.
We now have 13 Egowall Living Spaces to choose from. Large, small, and highly varied in theme.
- Tea House, a small Japanese-style home
- Beach Bungalow, relax in a cozy space near a reclusive shore
- Urban Studio, a large modern space set in a busy urban city
- Studio Lot, a large modern space with clean lines
- Mountain Lot, make this mountain-top loft your new home
- Orbital Deck, a simple space with a commanding view aboard a space ship
- Space Crew Quarters, a sci-fi living space with planetary views
- Space Captain’s Quarters, an XL sci-fi living space
- Mountain Modern Gallery, a very large modern gallery perched high in the mountains
- Urban Gallery, a sprawling art gallery in the city
- Great Hall, a medium sized castle suite
- Outdoor Sandbox, an open grassy area with ample room for creativity
- Empty Urban Lot, an urban square fit for a business or sculpture garden
Those last two (Outdoor Sandbox and Empty Urban Lot) are somewhat special. More on that in a minute.
Living Space Customization
With the new Customization Mode, you can change the color and material of walls, ceilings, and floors in your Living Space. You are no longer limited to having a home that looks exactly like your friend’s. In the future we will update Customization Mode with even more materials and color choices.
Construction Assets are an entirely new type of object in Egowall. These modular pieces can be placed, rotated, and scaled within any Living Space. Create new geometry such as floors, walls, doorframes, and stairs. You can add a room into one of your existing Living Spaces, or try one of our Sandbox spaces and create an entire building. Then, using Landscape Assets, place bushes, trees, flowers, and grass around to complete your new environment.
Fly Mode and Navigation Mode
Two new additional player modes are available in-game. Navigation Mode allows the player to move freely in any space, without access to interactions. Use it to move around unencumbered.
Fly Mode is great for building and customizing. With Fly Mode active, you float above the ground and still have access to all of your inventory and tools.
Click to Move
In order to support the needs of both casual and experienced players, we have updated player movement in the game. To get from place to place, simply left-click your mouse on the ground.
Traditional WASD First-Person movement is still available using the Right Mouse Button and keyboard.
The entire UI has been updated. This new clean look also has new functionality. We received feedback from players that our conveyor belt system was too slow. With this release, the entire shop and player inventory is accessible in a few clicks by filtering the Main Display Menu. No more hunting down each individual item and waiting for the game to catch up to how fast you want to create! And now all of your important abilities are accessible in the Main HUD on the lower left corner of the screen.
Welcome to Egowall!
These are just a few of the major features introduced in this release. In addition to the many optimizations and bug fixes in the game, we have done a lot to improve your experience on the website and in-game. And there are more Living Spaces and assets than ever for you to display, decorate, and customize. We hope you agree!